- Don't forget to read my first article: jasonshayer.blogspot.ca/2013/10/nanowrimo-2013-advice.html
- Believe in yourself. If you're like me, you'll be plagued by self-doubt throughout November. It's going to be a rough first draft.
- Don't get caught in rewriting. If you think of a better way of writing a scene, just write that new scene. Don't go back and edit.
- Don't stop reading. I know it'll be difficult to just have to the time to writer your 1667 words a day, but also make sure you take a few minutes to read each day as well.
- It's a marathon, not a sprint. Stick to your word count. If you fall behind, you still have a lot of time to catch up!
- Just write. Apply the seat of your pants to a chair and write.
- Have fun!
The journey towards 50,000 words begins with but one word...