Monday, July 15, 2013

My SDCC Creator Connections pitch is done!

While I missed out on this event in 2011, I signed up as soon as it was announced and was accepted.

After working on it for about two weeks, the one-page pitch is done and down to just under 350 words. Neat, tight, and succinct, with lots of room and hooks for discussion.

It was a lot harder than I had expected. What did help was breaking down the one-page pitch into sections: logline, setup, marketing breakdown, what I'm looking for in an artist, and who I am.

The hardest part of the actual pitch session will be to let the artist talk and ask questions. I tend to prattle on, especially if I'm nervous. I'll have to put a couple of mental time bombs that will go off after two minutes of me talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment