Sunday, December 9, 2012

Post-NaNoWriMo writer’s block


I experienced this last year as well. Coming off the marathon that is NaNoWriMo, I find myself creatively drained. I finished on the 27th of November and gave myself some time off, until December. But, come December 1st, my motivation was fleeting.

So in an effort to rekindle that motivation, I need to set out some goals.


  1. Submit a Top Cow Talent Hunt proposal by Dec 31, which consists of an 8 page script and a synopsis.
  2. Submit a 4,000 word short story for The Hero Comes Home 2.
  3. Critique the submissions from my fellow Borderland bootcampers. There’s 16 submissions, including short stories and novel proposals. (Due January 26/13)
  4. Start my reading for my latest Back Issue Magazine assignment. (Due April/13)
  5. Do some research for my YA horror novel, Elegant Darkness.
  6. Create a synopsis/plot breakdown for Elegant Darkness.
  7. Re-approach my serial horror novel, End Times.

Holy crap that’s a lot of work for about 22 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment