I experienced this last year as well. Coming off the marathon that is NaNoWriMo, I find myself creatively drained. I finished on the 27th of November and gave myself some time off, until December. But, come December 1st, my motivation was fleeting.
So in an effort to rekindle that motivation, I need to set out some goals.
- Submit a Top Cow Talent Hunt proposal by Dec 31, which consists of an 8 page script and a synopsis.
- Submit a 4,000 word short story for The Hero Comes Home 2.
- Critique the submissions from my fellow Borderland bootcampers. There’s 16 submissions, including short stories and novel proposals. (Due January 26/13)
- Start my reading for my latest Back Issue Magazine assignment. (Due April/13)
- Do some research for my YA horror novel, Elegant Darkness.
- Create a synopsis/plot breakdown for Elegant Darkness.
- Re-approach my serial horror novel, End Times.
Holy crap that’s a lot of work for about 22 days.