Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Knowing when to stop

There's a point you reach when you realize that you're no longer making any forward progress. I've reached that point with my latest novel endeavour, Black Knight Towing. I've spent the last few months trying to pound out a story, but it's just not happening. Last year for NANOWRIMO I had used it as my subject and I ran out of steam with it as well. Maybe that's telling me something.

I know the general advice is to finish what you started, but it just isn't working. I'm spinning my wheels and I feel like I'm wasting the precious time before the World Fantasy Convention in November.

What the hell do I do now? Good question. Perhaps refocusing on what I want to write about. More reading, I know that with all the craziness in my life, the reading side of things has diminished, so that's an area I'd like to focus a bit more on.

No comments:

Post a Comment